Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Weekly Post (October 23-29, 2011)

Best Book: I'm not going to count a certain book I read yesterday because I'm doing a seperate review of it, to be up soon, so the best book I read this week would be The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. This book is magical and adventous and romantic and it's a standalone! Will wonders never cease. Maggie is brilliant and every good thing you've heard about this one is true.

Anticipated Book: Now that it finally has an (awesome!) cover I can finally say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green!!! Which might just be my most anticipated book of 2012. That, and anything Cassandra Clare, that is. But yeah. John Green is my god, so basically I want this book like I want oxygen. I'm writing this at 8:40 AM on a Saturday, I'm allowed to be melodramatic :P


On Writing: My big, scary, important portfolio for creative writing class was due yesterday so the only writing-related things I've been doing all week involve editing pieces for my portfolio and such. I've decided to create a complete outline for my next WIP before I jump into writing it, since clearly my other novel-writing method isn't working in the longrun. This might kill me. Stay tuned.

Favorite Blog Post:
A great one from Sarah J. Maas (can't wait to read her debut novel Queen of Glass, which is set to come out sometime in 2012), about how she dealt with a writing slump. Read it HERE.

Song of the Week:


- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment