Thursday, July 28, 2011

Busy Summer is Busy

Today is one of those days where I have SO MANY THINGS I want to get accomplished and all I want to do is sit in front of a fan ('cause as you probably know it is really, really hot out) and read a good book (like Wither by Lauren DeStefano which I reread this morning!) and not focus too hard on anything. But that would be too good to be true . . .

My goal was to finish a novel this summer, however since I'm taking a break from the old project to work on something I just started, that won't happen. Nevertheless, I know school is going to be insane for me this year and I really need and want to be far into this new project by the time the first day rolls around. And yeah, that first day of school? August 31st. WTF people?

Also, my grandma is coming to visit tomorrow! She lives in Australia and I haven't seen her in three years, so I'm so excited!! But it also means I've been cleaning and organizing and other unpleasant things for the last week :( And it means I'll have less writing and reading and blogging time . . . and less homework time.

"What?" You say - homework?? Yup. Not only do I have the normal "read a book and write a short paper" thing for English (which won't be too bad) I have to read a 600 page biography of John Adams and take notes for a test on the first day of school for AP American History. Can you see me banging my head slowly against this desk? AND I have math and lot's more English work online that takes hours and hours of staring at a screen. It's like they want us to spend our summer inside on the computer. Hypocrites ;) So yeah. That's my life in a nutshell right now. How's yours? :)

- Nicole

:

No comments:

Post a Comment