Friday, July 29, 2011

The Weekly Post (July 24-30, 2011)

Best Book: I read a bunch of books this week and my favorite is The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney. I found the idea of a prestigious school where the students governed themselves such an original idea, and the book was really good! 

Anticipated Book: I have SO many books on my wishlist for 2012 already! Including Elizabeth Eulberg's next novel Take a Bow. I really loved her debut, The Lonely Hearts Club, and her second novel Prom and Prejudice was really cute too.

On Writing: This week I was busy writing my new contemp WIP that I love so very much :) It's at 11k words right now and my goal is to get to 30,000 words by the end of summer.

Favorite Blog Post: Was THIS one from one of my favorite writing blogs Let The Words Flow (I also found my CP through this site). YA author and agent Mandy Hubbard explains why agents don't give feedback on queries and offers insight into what it's like on the other side of the desk.

Song of the Week: This is the most important song on my WIP playlist right now!

- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment