Friday, August 12, 2011

The Weekly Post (August 7-13, 2011)

Best Book: Was The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab. Everyone is raving about this lyrical, beautiful fairy tale-like book; everything you've heard is true! It's amazing in every way. One of the most original books I've read in a long time. I can't wait to read more novels from this author :)

Anticipated Book: Is Out of Sight, Out of Time, the fifth book in the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. I LOVE this series, and everything Ally Carter writes. Each book gets better and better. This one sounds.... insanely good. I can't even describe how excited I am for it. It comes out March 20th, 2011! Such . . a . . long . . . time . .  I might not . . .make it . . . :D

On Writing: My work-in-progress novel is coming only slowly but surely. I'm over 15,000 words right now, which means I probably won't make my goal of 30k by August 31st :( I'm really busy right now, and will be even busier once school starts... One word at a time, right? My only long-term goal is to finish the first draft by the end of 2011, which seems quite doable right now!

Favorite Blog Post: The best one I read this week was THIS one by YA author Sarah Rees Brennan (author of one of my favorite series', The Demon's Lexicon Trilogy) about female characters. Love it!

Song of the Week: I love Taylor Swift more than words can say (I've seen her in concert twice!) And this music video says SO much about my WIP heh heh.


- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment