Friday, August 26, 2011

The Weekly Post (August 21-27, 2011)

Best Book: The best book I read this week was definitely Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. The photography is SO cool, and the whole idea of it is so original. I really liked the fact that the MC was a boy, Jacob, and I also really liked how Jacob changed throughout the novel. I can't wait for the sequel!

Anticipated Book: One of the books I'm most excited about in 2012 is Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moscowitz. I love her second book, Invincible Summer, and I adore her on Twitter and her blog. The cover is awesome and the book sounds really original and cool.

On Writing: I've been working on my current WIP for a little over a month and it's just over 20,000 words. That's pretty slow for me, but the beginnings are the hardest part, in my opinion, so hopefully, if school and other obligations don't totally eat my soul, I'll meet my goal of having it finished way before the new year.

Favorite Blog Post: This week definitely goes to THIS post by YA author Saundra Mitchell (author of the awesome The Vespertine) about "the problem with boy books" in YA and feminism and other relevant things. Great post!

Song of the Week: Is one of my favorite songs of all time, and one I've really been drawing from for inspiration for the WIP.


- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment