Friday, September 30, 2011

The Weekly Post (September 25- October 1, 2011)

Best Book: Of the books I read this week, there's a two way tie for the most awesome. The first is Goliath by Scott Westerfeld, the last book in his steampunk Leviathan trilogy. AND IT WAS SO GOOD. And the other is The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, the first book in her new Shades of London series which is about boarding schools (!!!) and London and also GHOSTS. It was epic. I'd go into more eloquent detail... but it's Friday afternoon and I don't feel like it.


Anticipated Book:I feel almost silly writing this because, to me, saying "I am SO EXCITED for the next Cassie Clare book" is like saying "I'm so excited to continue breathing". Tis obvious and necessary. Anyway, her next book is Clockwork Prince, the second book in The Infernal Devices series. It comes out on December 6th and I'm, of course, counting the seconds until then!! :D


   
I made it giant because it DESERVES to be
On Writing: This week I've been working on short pieces and poems for my writing class, as well as brainstorming for the WIP(s). I'm also working to add some new pieces to my Figment account. You can read some of my stuff on Figment HERE :)

Favorite Blog Post: Is THIS one from Let The Words Flow about the importance/necessity of plot for different writers while drafting. Very interesting.


Song of the Week:
 

- Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment